The Chaplaincy of St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Pau
Our Safeguarding Policy, reviewed and updated annually :
The protection from harm of children and adults who may be vulnerable is of paramount importance to us. As a chaplaincy within the Diocese of Europe, we comply fully with the requirements of the Diocese’s Safeguarding Policy*.
We will not tolerate the abuse of children or adults in any form.
Specifically, within our Chaplaincy we are committed to:
· The care, nurture, and respectful pastoral ministry of all children, young persons and adults
· The safeguarding and protection of all children, young persons and adults who may be vulnerable
· The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse
· The careful selection and training of all those with any safeguarding responsibility within the Church, including the use of available criminal records disclosures and relevant vetting and barring schemes
· Preventing abuse or the likelihood of abuse by encouraging and adopting a proactive stance to safeguarding; responding to the slightest concern whether by rumour, speculation or from an anonymous source – every safeguarding concern will be taken seriously.
· Ensuring that any concern about safeguarding must be passed onto someone in the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as there are no legal barriers to sharing such concerns.
· Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that a child, young person or adult may have been harmed - co-operating with the local police, relevant local agencies and any other relevant body (eg other faith groups) in any investigation.
· Seeking to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
· Seeking to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
· Seeking to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
An induction ‘T’ loop for use with hearing aids.
A Wheelchair Ramp for access into St Andrew’s Church (upon request - please contact the churchwardens in advance if you require this facility).
> If you have any queries please speak to the Chaplaincy Safeguarding Officer:
> Or for additional information please visit: